After four years of being open only three afternoons a week, beginning in March we will be open five days a week. This will help us accommodate more visitors and meet the demand for service on Wednesday and Thursdays. In order to accomplish this, we need more volunteers to be hosts and guides. We will be hosting two training opportunities on Thursday March 9th to orient new volunteers.
The Museum of Mental Health offers a number of rewarding volunteer opportunities to suit your skill set:
- Visitor Services volunteers help facilitate visitors’ experience within the Museum during our open hours or through tours. Tasks may include:
- Greet and welcome visitors to the museum and answer general questions
- Staff the front desk during the Museum’s open hours, for four hour shifts
- Collections volunteers work with our Curator in our collections storage facility on campus to label, store, and research objects in the Museum’s collection.
- Oral History volunteers participate in our growing collection of first person interviews. Volunteers working with this project conduct oral history interviews, transcribe recordings, and index transcripts.
If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, please fill out a Volunteer Signup form under the Volunteer tab at the top of the page, email email@example.com, or call 971.599.1674. Our volunteer coordinators will contact you with more information.