This bottle of DeWitt’s Fragrant Hair Dressing was found in a box of old medicine bottles from the Eastern Oregon State Hospital.
E.C. DeWitt & Company was in operation as early as 1906. Trademark records show that a logo similar to that of the one on this bottle was registered in 1908. The registration claims that the first use of this image was in June of 1906.